This cute candy corn gnome is absolutely perfect for Halloween! Whether or not you love this iconic holiday sweet treat, you have to admit that this gnome is adorable!
I made this easy gnome with a plastic jar from the Dollar Tree. In fact, almost all of the supplies were purchased at the dollar store.
This cheerful gnome is the perfect gift for adults for Halloween! It can be so hard to find something appropriate to give to friends and family for the holiday, but this idea is great because it is a decoration and candy!
If you are doing a You’ve Been Booed Halloween gift exchange, this is a perfect gift!
- I used double-sided tape to attach many of the items because I want to be able to reuse the jar (I’m thrifty like that.)
- The candy corn gnome can be opened to get the Halloween candy inside. However, you must be sure not to glue the nose to the beard and hat together, because then the jar lid cannot be easily unscrewed from the jar.
- You can use a mason jar or canning jar to make this gnome. However, the dimensions for the pattern pieces will not work in the same way. You can try scaling the pattern up to fit a larger jar.
- I buy a fake beard in the toy section for the faux fur I use in my gnome crafts. While probably not the cheapest option, it is an easy way to get fur for the crafts without needing to go to the fabric store or order a lot of fur online.
- I bought most of my supplies, including the jar, felt, fur, pom-pom, tape and candy from the Dollar Tree. The wooden beads I had from making my DIY Gnome Ornament and are the same size.
How to Make a Candy Corn Gnome
- Craft Jar from the Dollar Tree (4.5 oz plastic jar found in the craft section)
- 6-oz. Bag of Candy Corn
- White felt
- Orange felt
- Yellow felt
- Free Candy Corn Gnome Pattern
- Faux Fur
- 1-inch orange pom-pom
- 3/4 inch round wooden bead with no holes
- Hot glue gun
- Double-sided tape (optional)
Pour candy corn into your jar and seal the lid.
Using the large gnome hat pattern, cut out a hat from white felt.
Use the smaller patterns to cut out pieces from yellow and orange felt.
Roll the white gnome hat pattern piece into a cone hat. This could take a few tries, as rolling the felt in a cone shape to create a hat isn’t always perfect the first time around!
Continue adjusting and arranging the felt until you have a cone-shaped hat that fits snugly around the lid of the jar.
Glue the hat closed along the open edge of the felt to secure the shape.
Glue the large yellow candy corn felt piece on the bottom of the hat. Make sure that the yellow overlaps any of the white edges.
Then, glue the orange piece above the yellow piece, slightly overlapping the edge.
Cut out the gnome beard pattern from fur. Brush out the fur beard to remove any loose pieces.
Glue (or tape) the beard to the front of the jar, just underneath the lid.
Attach the candy corn gnome hat to the lid of the jar. You can glue the hat to the lid or use double-sided tape.
Glue the orange pom-pom on top of the gnome hat.
Glue the wooden bead on top of the beard just underneath the hat in the front of the jar. Be sure to not glue the bead onto the hat, only the beard, if you want to be able to open the jar to get the candy out.
You can also watch the full tutorial on my YouTube channel:
Be sure to Pin This idea to save for later!
Love gnomes? Who doesn’t? If you liked this easy candy corn gnome, be sure to see more of our DIY gnome crafts:
- Witch Paintbrush Gnome
- Witch Mop Gnome
- Fall Gnome with Leaf Beard
- Grinch Gnome
- Easy Mason Jar Gnome
- Easter Bunny Gnome
- Scarecrow Gnome
- Vampire Gnome Paper Craft
- DIY Gnome Wine Bottle Cover