DIY these Rae Dunn-inspired flower pots for farmhouse planters that will make you smile!
Are you looking for a way to dress up your boring flower pots? You’re not alone! I am always thinking of creative ways to make my planters look more like home decor.
That’s why I love these simple Rae Dunn-inspired flower pot planters. The words on the pot are something that every gardener will appreciate!
The SVG file includes the words:
These plant pots are super easy to make with a Cricut machine. Be sure to download our free SVG file to make them yourself.
Here’s some helpful tips on how to use these planters:
- Give as a gift and fill with a fresh potted plant
- Create a kitchen garden with herbs
- Add a fake succulent or faux potted plant so that they look great all year round
- Plant flowers in the pots and place on a window sill for a cheerful farmhouse style
If you like these, be sure to check out my dollar store Rae Dunn pumpkins with a free SVG file, as well.
Be sure to Pin This idea to your crafts boards so that you’ll remember it! You can also print the how-to card below.
- Cricut Machine
- Cricut Cutting Mat
- Paint the terra cotta pot using the chalk paint and allow to dry completely.
- Upload the SVG file into Cricut Design Space and then select the file.
- If you are not cutting all the words, ungroup the letters, then select the words you would like to cut.
- Select all the letters in the word you will be cutting, then group those letters together.
- Resize the word as needed. Letters for a 4-inch terra cotta pot should be around 2 inches tall.
- Delete the remaining words not used.
- Weld the letters to each word together.
- Cut the words on the black vinyl using a Cricut Machine. Then weed the excess vinyl from around each word.
- Place transfer tape over each word and transfer the vinyl to the front of each planter. Start in the middle of the word and press outward to adhere the vinyl to the planter.
- Press each letter onto the planter firmly, then remove the transfer tape. The pot is now ready for plants!
SVG file can be downloaded at: https://singlegirlsdiy.podia.com/rae-dunn-flower-pots
Or try our easy DIY Dollar Tree Faux Terra Cotta Pots.
Pin This to your DIY boards share with others or save for later!