This page may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
Create magical Christmas windows to display throughout the house for added holiday joy!
I can’t believe this project is made with dollar tree materials! Seriously! It looks like such a fancy craft that would cost a lot of money to buy somewhere else. But you can make one for around $5.
I’ve lived in a lot of places that didn’t have enough windows in the house. Or, it was just hard to hang a wreath, because of mini blinds, etc. So I’m thrilled that you can make faux windows to decorate for Christmas and hang them wherever you’d like in the kitchen, living room, office, bedroom, and even that bathroom that has no real windows!
How to Make Fake Christmas Window Decorations
• 4 – 5×8 stretch canvases (bought at The Dollar Tree)
• Paint (white matte)
• Paint brush
• Sponge brush
• Ribbon of choice
• High heat hot glue gun with industrial grade glue sticks
• Faux mini cedar wreath (approx. 10”)
Use the pliers to remove the staples from the wood frames of the canvas. You don’t need the canvas for this craft, but you might want to keep it for another DIY project.
Brush the stain on the frames. Allow for 24-48 hours for the stain to completely dry.
Glue the four frames together to make a window.
After the window is glued together, dry brush white paint on the frames to give it a rustic feel like it has been weathered outdoors.
Cut enough ribbon to allow the wreath to hang in the middle of the frame to the height that you desire. Loop the ribbon through the wreath and hot glue the ends in the back to secure. Then, create a bow with the ribbon and hot glue it to the wreath.
Helpful Tips For Making the Window
- If you don’t want to use hot glue, you can use gorilla glue, E6000 glue or another glue that works well with wood.
- Add command strips or picture hangers to the back to hang the windows.
- You can use a real wreath, but the weight could be heavier than an artificial one. Keep that in mind because it could be too heavy to attach with ribbon and hot glue.
- Use a smaller wreath if you’d like. Or hang another type of decoration from the window frame.
Want more dollar store Christmas crafts? Check out this elegant snowflake wreath made just from ornaments.
You will also love our big list of quick and easy Christmas crafts!