If you are looking for a great holiday craft that is inexpensive and easy to make, you are going to love this cute DIY Christmas window.
One of the things I really love about this fun craft is that it’s great for anyone of any age, from kids to adults.
DIY Christmas Window Craft
To make this easy Christmas craft as I made it, you’ll need:
1. Start by cutting four triangles from the green construction paper. Each triangle should be slightly smaller than the one beneath it. But nothing has to be exact!
2. After cutting the triangles for the tree, cut a square from your patterned scrapbook paper to fit behind your craft stick window. To ensure you cut your patterned paper the correct size, measure it by placing a square of craft sticks on top of the paper and marking the size before you cut.
3. Stack and glue the triangles together to form the tree and place the star sticker on top.
4. As your construction paper tree dries, you can start putting your craft stick window together. Start by gluing two craft sticks together to form a cross.
5. Next, build the window frame by gluing a craft stick to each end of the cross and securing each corner of the square together with a drop of glue.
6. When both your craft stick window and construction paper tree are dry, attach the patterned scrapbook paper square to the window with glue.
If you have extra craft sticks leftover, you can make these popsicle stick coasters!
Christmas Window Craft Variations
You can easily make this Christmas craft unique by adding your own variations to the craft above:
- Decorate the Christmas tree. Instead of placing a plain Christmas tree in the window, decorate the Christmas tree with stickers, beads, pom poms, and glitter. To make sure your window frame fits snuggly over the tree, it would be best if the decorations are added to the tree after the frame has been glued in place.
- Add color to the window frame. While the plain wooden popsicle sticks on this craft give it a rustic look, you can easily paint the sticks to add a pop of color to the window frame.
- Decorate the background. Instead of picking a patterned paper as the background, use a blank piece of paper and draw a Christmas scene in the window before adding the tree and window frame.
- Make it bigger. When I made this craft, I used traditional small popsicle sticks to create the window frame. But it can easily be made bigger by using larger craft sticks.
- Add snow to the window. Want to make your Christmas window craft look more like a winter scene? Add some snow! To add snow to your window, place some glue on the window frame. Then sprinkle glitter or faux snow over the glue. Allow the glue to dry completely, then pick the window frame up and tap it on the counter to remove excess snow before displaying it.
- Make it an ornament. Want to use this cute Christmas craft as part of your holiday decorations? Simply glue a loop of ribbon to the back of the window frame and turn it into an ornament. Then, you can hang it on you Christmas tree year after year!
Christmas Patterns and SVGs!
Want more fun holiday SVGs for crafting and creating this season? I’ve got a fun 4-pack of patterns perfect for DIYs!
Visit the Single Girls DIY library for more details and to get your downloads!
If you like this easy faux Christmas window craft, you might also like our more advanced Christmas window with a wreath. Be sure to browse through our collection of Christmas crafts for even more holiday inspiration!