This page may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
There is something magical about writing a letter to Santa. No matter what your age, seeing your hopes and wishes and dreams written down gives you hope that they will come true. Delight kids and adults of all ages with this easy to make ornament that captures what you want from Santa Claus this year.
What I love about this simple DIY ornament is that anyone can make it. All you need is our free printable download for the miniature letter to Santa and the tag.
Then, just add the items to a empty glass ornament, which is easy to find at the dollar store, craft stores or on Amazon.
It’s an easy craft that can be made at the last minute. Even on Christmas Eve when you want to make sure that you’ve magically sent your letter to Santa Claus.
P.S. Be sure to Pin This craft to a Christmas or DIY board so that you’ll remember it later!
- Empty glass or plastic round ornament
- Santa letter and tag printable
- Faux snow
- Faux Christmas pine
- Red and white Christmas twine or other thin ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Print and cut the letter to Santa and the tag.
- If you'd like, write in your wish list on the Santa letter.
- Poke a small hole in the “Dear Santa” tag (try using a needle or tiny scissors to make the hole) to later string through the twine and around the letter.
- Roll up the Santa letter. Wrap the twine around the roll, and tie off. Add the tag to a twine end, and finish off with a bow. Cut the ends as needed.
- Create a make-shift funnel using the scraps of the printable paper to now add faux snow inside the ornament.
- Add a small clipping of a fake pine branch.
- Gently insert the letter to Santa. Nestle into the faux snow to keep from sliding around.
- Once it looks good, add some hot glue inside the metal cap of the ornament to seal it closed.
- Instead of a pine branch, you could use holly and berry, or fake candies. Anything small with a Christmas feel.
- Free printable download available at https://singlegirlsdiy.podia.com/letter-to-santa-ornament